The August 19th, 2019 edition of WWE RAW took place at the Xcel Energy Center in St Paul, MN.
- WWE Hall of Famer Jerry "The King" Lawler is filling in for Corey Graves at the commentary table tonight with Michael Cole and Renee Young. Cole tells us Graves is on vacation.
- Roman Reigns comes out to the ring to kick off tonight's show. On his way down to the ring, we see a video package looking at the mysterious backstage attacks on Reigns recently.
- Roman Reigns vs. Dolph Ziggler: Before the bell, Ziggler gets on the mic and says he wants to say something face to face to Reigns. Ziggler says he's glad Reigns is okay after everything that's happened to him, and he means it, but Ziggler takes issue with Reigns getting attention for it. Ziggler says bad things almost happened to Reigns, but he has no idea what it was like for Ziggler to be speared by Goldberg three times. Ziggler complains about Shawn Michaels and The Miz messing with him too. Ziggler says he knows Reigns is the big dog, but everyone knows it should be Ziggler getting the attention instead. Ziggler then blindsides Reigns with a superkick to the face. The ref tells Ziggler to go to his corner, then he checks on Reigns. Reigns gets to his feet and the ref finally calls for the opening bell. Ziggler charges, but Reigns drops him with a right hand. Ziggler rolls outside for a breather. Reigns looks for a Superman punch at ringside, but Ziggler dodges it and hits the Zig Zag on Reigns on the floor. Ziggler continues the offense back in the ring. Reigns fires up and his a leaping clothesline on Ziggler, and then a series of clotheslines in the corner. Reigns runs the ropes and drops Ziggler with a big boot to the face. Reigns looks for a Superman punch, but Ziggler dodges it and rolls up Reigns for a two count. Ziggler follows up with a DDT for another two count. Ziggler misses a shot and Reigns looks for a powerbomb, but Ziggler escapes that. Reigns misses a spear in the corner, and Ziggler follows up with a Zig Zag for a two count. Ziggler looks for a superkick, but Reigns blocks. Reigns hits he Superman punch on Ziggler for a two count. Reigns goes for a spear, but Ziggler reverses it into a Fameasser for a two count. Ziggler wastes some time talking trash to Reigns on the mat. Ziggler backs up and looks for a splash in the corner, but Reigns cuts him short with a spear. Reigns pins for the three count.
Winner: Roman Reigns
- Still to come: Sasha Banks joins Jerry on "The King's Court."
- RAW Women's Champion Becky Lynch is backstage for an interview. She talks about Sasha Banks attacking her with a chair last week, and Becky says she wants to fight the best and most aggressive competition. Becky says Sasha ran away months ago, but now she's back and Sasha is more fired up than ever, because she's jealous of Becky's success. Becky says she's going to bring the fight to Sasha.
- Jerry "The King" Lawler is in the ring for tonight's edition of The King's Court. Jerry says it looks like Becky wants some retribution on his guest tonight, but first he wants to talk about the King Of The Ring tournament. Jerry mentions Bret Hart, Steve Austin, and Brock Lesnar all being King Of The Ring winners. Jerry shows us the brackets on the big screen, which consists of 8 stars from RAW and 8 from SmackDown. As Jerry is talking, the lights start going out in the arena, and we hear the same sound effects as the last time Bray Wyatt interrupted as "The Fiend." Jerry says he's seen this before, and he exits the ring. Jerry walks up the ramp and the arena goes completely dark. Some lights start flashing, and we see The Fiend behind Jerry. Michael Cole yells at Jerry to turn around. The Fiend grabs Jerry and gives him the Mandible Claw until he goes down on the stage. The lights go out again, and The Fiend disappears. The lights come back on, and medics and referees come out to check on The King.
- Vic Joseph comes out to fill in for Jerry on the commentary team.
- Ricochet & The Miz vs. Drew McIntyre & Baron Corbin: Drew and Miz start this one off trading strikes. Ricochet tags himself in off Miz's back. Miz hits a running clothesline on Drew, then Ricochet hits a springboard cross body on Drew. Miz tags back in for the double team on Drew, then they dump Drew and Corbin out to ringside. Miz hits a dive on them at ringside, and then Ricochet hits a moonsault off the turnbuckle on them. Back in the ring, Corbin turns things around against Miz. Drew tags in and hits an overhead belly to belly suplex on Miz for a two count. Corbin tags in and trades right hands with Miz now. Corbin runs around the ring post and clotheslines Miz. Drew tags in and continues beating on The Miz. Drew misses a back body drop attempt, and Miz turns it into a DDT. Ricochet and Corbin get the tags. Ricochet cleans house and hits a series of kicks on Corbin. Ricochet kicks Drew through the ropes. Corbin grabs Ricochet from behind, but Ricochet escapes and kicks Corbin down. Ricochet hits a spear in the corner, and then a kick to the head. Ricochet springboards off the top rope for a flying clothesline on Corbin. He follows up with a standing moonsault on Corbin. Ricochet pins but Drew breaks it up. Drew throws Ricochet across the ring, and he drops The Miz too. Drew looks for the Claymore on Ricochet, but Ricochet strikes first with a kick on Drew. The Miz runs over and hits the Skull Crushing Finale on Drew. Corbin, who is still the legal man, takes out Miz. Ricochet kicks Corbin, but Corbin comes back with the Deep Six on Ricochet. Corbin pins for a two count. Corbin misses a spear in the corner, when Miz helps pull Ricochet out of the way. Ricochet follows up with the Recoil on Corbin for the three count.
Winners: The Miz & Ricochet
- Still to come: Braun Strowman challenges AJ Styles
- Sasha Banks is shown backstage getting ready for an interview.
- Michael Cole welcomes Booker T on the big screen via Skype. Cole asks Booker for his thoughts on Bray Wyatt's attack on fellow Hall of Famer Jerry Lawler. Booker says it seems like Jerry was at the wrong place at the wrong time. Cole moves on to the King of the Ring, and he says King Booker might have been the most entertaining KOTR winner of all time. Booker says winning the King of the Ring took his career to new heights. Booker T predicts Drew McIntyre will be in the tournament.
- AJ Styles (c) vs. Braun Strowman: Gallows and Anderson are at ringside in AJ's corner. AJ's U.S. Title is on the line in this one. Braun no-sells AJ's strikes early on, and he hits a big back body drop on AJ. AJ starts fighting back and he looks for the Phenomenal Forearm, but Braun smacks AJ out of mid-air. Gallows hits the ring now and drops Braun with a big boot. The ref calls for the bell.
Winner via DQ: Braun Strowman
- Gallows and Anderson beat down Braun until Seth Rollins comes out for the save. Seth clears Gallows and Anderson out of the ring. Rollins and Strowman come face to face, then shake hands.
- Samoa Joe is shown backstage walking towards the Gorilla position.
- Seth Rollins approaches Braun Strowman backstage. Seth says he knows Braun wants a shot at his Universal Title, and Rollins is fine with that, but tonight he thinks they should take care of The OC. Rollins wants to team with Braun to take on Gallows and Anderson for the RAW Tag Titles tonight. Braun grunts in approval.
- Samoa Joe vs. Cesaro: This is the first match in the King Of The Ring tournament. Cesaro starts off strong with a shot on Joe right off the opening bell. Joe is stunned, but he starts fighting back with strikes. Cesaro runs the ropes and Joe drops him with a back elbow. Cesaro comes back with a springboard cross body for a one count. Cesaro tries to swing Joe by the legs, but Joe kicks him away. Joe follows up with a chop, a back elbow, and a Pele kick. Cesaro rolls outside for a breather, and Joe hits a dive on him that sends Cesaro over the barricade and into the front row. Back in the ring, Joe continues beating on Cesaro with strikes. Cesaro fights back with a kick to the face. Cesaro goes for a vertical suplex but can't get Joe up the first time. Cesaro tries again, and this time he hits the suplex. Cesaro follows up with an uppercut that sends Joe falling out to ringside. Cesaro follows him outside and hits another uppercut on the floor. Back in the ring, Cesaro hits a cross body off the top rope on Joe for a two count. Cesaro charges at Joe in the corner, but Joe catches him and hits a side suplex. Joe follows up with a senton drop for a two count. Cesaro fights back with some uppercuts, and then he swings Joe by the feet. Cesaro applies the Sharpshooter on Joe, and then a Crossface. Joe escapes, but Cesaro catches him with another uppercut. Cesaro misses a springboard cross body, and Joe catches him in the Coquina Clutch. Cesaro taps out for the finish. Joe advances in the King Of The Ring tournament.
Winner: Samoa Joe
- Next week Joe will face the winner of Ricochet vs. Drew McIntyre.
- We see footage of Elias in a recording studio last week. Drake Maverick tries to sneak attack Elias and pin him for the 24/7 Title, but Elias gets the better of him and kicks him out of the studio.
- Elias is in the ring with his guitar for a song, but he starts having audio problems. Elias says tonight is his farewell performance, because he is going to have too much going on between being 24/7 Champion and soon to be King Of The Ring. Elias starts playing, but stops and says his guitar is tuned wrong. He instructs someone at ringside to give him another guitar. A guy gets in the ring with a hood on and starts messing with Elias' guitars. The lights come on and R-Truth takes his hood off, and a referee gets in the ring. Truth rolls up Elias from behind for a two count. Truth hits the scissor kick on Elias next for another two count. Truth picks up one of the guitars and swings it at Elias, but Elias dodges it and retreats up the ramp.
- We see Rey Mysterio backstage getting ready to address the WWE Universe.
- Back from the break, Rey Mysterio is backstage with Charly Caruso for an interview. Rey says he's been fortunate to have a great family and great career, and he's been able to wrestle all over the world since he was a kid. Rey says things haven't been clicking for him lately, and Andrade ripping his mask off was a disgrace, and Rey hasn't been able to avenge it. Rey says his body doesn't respond to his vision like it used to, and he's had a lot of injuries. Rey says he fears his injuries have finally caught up to him. Rey takes a deep breath and says he knows this day has to come to everyone at some point, but he didn't expect it so soon. Rey says he understands it is time for him to hang up the mask, and let the new generation of Superstars make their way. Rey starst to take his mask off, but Rey's son runs in and seems to talk him out of it. Rey's son says he still wants to debut in WWE as Rey's partner, and he pleads with Rey not to retire just yet. Rey agrees and they hug.
- Big E & Xavier Woods vs. The Revival: Big E and Woods trade tags in the opening moments of this one to double team Dawson. Wilder tags in and starts trading punches and chops with Woods now. The aprons clear into the ring, and Big E and Woods end up dumping Wilder and Dawson both out to ringside. Back in the ring, Woods hits a missile dropkick on Dawson. Wilder and Big E tag in, and Big E starts cleaning house with belly to belly suplexes. Big E hits a running splash on Wilder. Big E is in control now, but then Randy Orton hits the ring out of nowhere and hits the RKO on Big E.
Winners via DQ: Big E & Xavier Woods
- Kofi runs down and leaps into the ring with a clothesline on Orton. Kofi comes off the top rope with a shot on both Wilder and Dawson. Orton gets up and hits the RKO on Kofi. Orton picks up Kofi, but then Woods runs in and starts going at it with Orton. The Revival gets back in and they lift up Woods for Orton to hit an RKO in a Dudley Boyz-style double team move. Orton holds Kofi back while The Revival tries to break Woods' leg.
- Michael Cole welcomes Sasha Banks on the big screen for an interview via video. Sasha says it's been a crazy emotional time for her. She says she looks and feels better than ever. Cole tells her no one is talking about her new hair style, people want to know about her disappearing after WrestleMania, then coming back last week and attacking Natalya. Sasha declines to answer and walks off.
- Alexa Bliss & Nikki Cross vs. Mandy Rose & Sonya Deville: Nikki and Sonya start this one off. Nikki backs off Sonya and tags in Alexa. Sonya takes Alexa down and then tags in Mandy for the double team. Mandy looks for a running powerslam on Bliss, but Bliss escapes. Mandy does a cartwheel and then hits a dropkick and a big boot on Bliss. Mandy gets distracted by Nikki, and she ends up punching Nikki at ringside. Alexa slides out with a baseball slide kick on Mandy at ringside. Back in the ring, Nikki tags in for the double team on Mandy. Nikki slams Mandy down to the mat, then into the turnbuckle. Bliss tags in, but Mandy is able to drop her with a knee to the face. Sonya and Nikki tag in, and Sonya starts getting the upper hand after a series of kicks. Nikki gets distracted by Mandy, then Sonya hits a spinebuster on Nikki. Alexa gets involved, and this leads to Nikki hitting the swinging neckbreaker on Sonya for the three count.
Winners: Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross
- Seth Rollins and Braun Strowman are backstage getting ready for their tag match. Braun keeps staring at Seth's Universal Title belt. Seth tells Braun they need to focus tonight to beat Gallows and Anderson, and he tells Braun to just follow his lead. Braun says he is focused, and if they just follow Braun's lead everything will be okay.
- Cedric Alexander vs. Sami Zayn: This is the second match in the King Of The Ring tournament. Sami control the opening moments of this one, but Cedric finally fights back with some punches and elbows, then a boot to the face. Cedric hits a hurricanrana and a dropkick on Zayn, and Zayn rolls out to ringside. Cedric hits a dive on Sami at ringside, then back in the ring Cedric hits the Neuralyzer. Cedric follows up with the Lumber Check for the three count. Cedric advances, and he will face the winner of Miz vs. Baron Corbin.
Winner: Cedric Alexander
- The Street Profits are shown backstage watching Cedric leave the ring on a monitor. They talk about the King Of The Ring tournament, and say they could make a tag team version of the King Of The Ring tournament, but the Street Profits are already the kings. They talk about how excited they are for Rollins & Braun vs. The OC tonight, and that match is up next.
- Gallows and Anderson are backstage complaining that Rollins and Braun don't deserve their Tag Title shot tonight. AJ gives them a pep talk and says tonight is chance for them to show everyone that Braun and Seth re no match for The OC.
- Natalya is on the big screen to address the WWE Universe. Natalya says she was already having an emotional week, and she didn't expert her former friend Sasha Banks to ambush her. Sasha then comes out of nowhere and attacks Natalya from the side. Sasha beats down Natalya and talks trash to her before leaving.
- Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson (c) vs. Seth Rollins & Braun Strowman: The RAW Tag Team Titles are on the line in this one. AJ Styles is at ringside. Gallows and Strowman start this one off with a test of strength. Braun backs Gallows into the corner and lays into him with strikes, and then a running shoulder tackle. Seth tags in for a double team on Gallows. Gallows fights back and slams Seth into the corner, then connects with some strikes. Anderson tags in and goes at it with Rollins now. The fight spills out to ringside, and Gallows slams Rollins on to the fan barricade several times. Back in the ring, Anderson and Rollins go at it and trade strikes. Seth hits a kick on Anderson, then he nails Gallows on the apron too. Anderson comes back with a spinebuster on Rollins for a two count. They fight up to the top turnbuckle, and Rollins headbutts Anderson off the turnbuckle. Rollins follows up with the Blockbuster. Braun gets distracted by AJ at ringside, which leads to Gallows attacking Braun from behind on the floor. Back in the ring, Rollins knocks Gallows off the apron, then Rollins hits a Falcon Arrow on Anderson for a two count. Rollins goes up top, but AJ hits a cheap shot on him behind the ref's back, and Rollins falls down to the mat. Gallows tags in and they hit a double team neckbreaker/suplex on Rollins. Gallows and Anderson look to double team Rollins at ringside, but Braun gets up and tackles them. Back in the ring, Braun and Rollins start cleaning house. Braun hits the running powerslam on Anderson. AJ tries to run in to interfere, but Rollins stops AJ and hits the curb stop on him. Braun pins Anderson for the three count, and we have new Tag champs.
Winners & new RAW Tag Team Champions: Seth Rollins & Braun Strowman
- Braun and Seth celebrate on the stage with their belts on the stage. We see Braun staring at Seth's Universal Title belt as RAW goes off the air.
eWrestling.com Social Media Interaction* Follow eWrestling head writer Matt Boone on Twitter @MattBoone1984
* Follow the official eWrestling account on Twitter @eWrestlingCOM
* Follow the official eWrestling Facebook page at Facebook.com/eWrestlingCOM
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official eWrestling Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/http-ewrestling-com