The March 6th edition of WWE RAW was the first episode after their Fastlane pay-per-view, and aired live at 8 PM ET from the Allstate Arena in Chicago, IL.
– Chris Jericho comes out to the ring and starts off cutting a babyface promo to the Chicago crowd. He says tonight he will be re-born. Jericho explains that the reason for him helping Goldberg win last night was simple, because Owens stabbed him in the back, and now he calls out Jericho to face him man to man. Jericho wants Owens to tell him face to face why he turned on him. Owens comes out to the stage in his ring gear and indicates that he won’t answer Jericho. Jericho tells him to be quiet… quiet… quiet… quiet… and asks him again, why he betrayed him. Owens says he didn’t stab his best friend in the back, because Jericho was never his best friend. Owens says Triple H told him to do whatever it takes to keep the title, so Owens used Jericho as a tool to watch his back. Owens says Jericho screwed up and went from being a tool to a burden, so Owens took him out. Owens says he knows he would have beaten Goldberg if it wasn’t for Jericho. Jericho says he doesn’t want Owens to be his friend, because he has the “Friends of Jericho” in the crowd in Chicago, which prompts a Y2J chant. Jericho says costing Owens his Universal Title doesn’t make them even, and Jericho is just getting started getting back at Owens. Jericho then challenges Owens to a match at WrestleMania. Owens says he’ll accept if Jericho puts his U.S. Title on the line, and Jericho accepts. This leads to Owens hitting the ring and they start brawling. Samoa Joe comes in from behind and joins Jericho in beating down Jericho. Sami Zayn runs in for the save and he’s got a steel chair. Owens and Joe overpower Zayn, but now Jericho grabs the chair and he lays out the heels. Joe and Owens retreat which Jericho and Zayn stare them down from the ring.
– Kevin Owens def. Sami Zayn: This one was made during the commercial break, and we’re off with Owens and Zayn brawling out to ringside early on. Back in the ring, Owens hits a cannonball on Zayn in the corner. Zayn ducks a clothesline and throws Owens outside, then follows up with a suicide dive. Back in the ring, Owens immediately takes out Zayn with a Pop Up Powerbomb out of nowhere, but Owens is too hurt to pin. Owens continues beating down Zayn and hits a second Pop Up Powerbomb for the win.
– Chris Jericho vs. Samoa Joe in singles action is booked for later tonight.
– Neville def. Rich Swann: Austin Aries is on commentary for this one, and he once again shows us his video package. Swann starts off with right hands on Neville then sends him rolling outside with a dropkick. Swann follows him out and throws Neville into the fan barricade. Neville slams Swann head-first into the ring apron, then takes him in the ring to continue the offense. We hear an “Austin Aries” chant from the crowd. Swann kicks Neville out to ringside then heads to the top rope. Swann hits a well-executed 450 splash off the top rope down onto Neville who was standing on the ringside floor. Back in the ring, Swann hits a kick and a Michinouku Driver for a two count. Neville comes back with a superplex off the top that sends Neville rolling out to ringside. Neville follows Swann outside and he beats down the challenger near the commentary tables. Back in the ring, Swann comes back with a suplex and a superkick for a two count. Swann hits another kick to the head then goes for the Phoenix Splash, but Neville rolls out of the way. Neville puts Swann into the Rings of Saturn for the win via submission.
– After the match, Austin Aries heads to the ring to interview Neville about his win, but the crowd chants for Aries. Neville says there’s nobody in the cruiserweight division who can hold a candle to him. Aries asks Neville if he’s sure there’s no one at his level, and the crowd chants “Austin Aries” again. Aries tells Neville the WWE Universe disagrees with him. Neville orders Aries to get out of the ring and taunts him for working as a commentator. Aries says he’s just trying to do his job, and he has one more question. Aries hits Neville with the mic and follows up with a running elbow to the face that sends Neville rolling outside. Neville retreats up the ramp while Aries holds the Cruiserweight Title in the ring.
– Goldberg comes out to the ring next with his new WWE Universal Title. Goldberg thanks the fans for supporting him, and says he’s going to share some information with them. The crowd starts chanting for CM Punk, which Goldberg nods his head in agreement with. Paul Heyman interrupts next and says he didn’t come here tonight alone. Heyman introduces Brock Lesnar, and they head down to the ring together. Lesnar walks over right in front of Goldberg, and Heyman says Lesnar is here tonight to shake Goldberg’s hand and congratulate him on winning the Universal Title. Heyman says Goldberg has earned their respect because he’s proven himself to be the real deal, but Lesnar will be the winner at WrestleMania. Goldberg declines to shake Lesnar’s hand, and Heyman keeps talking. Heyman says after WrestleMania, people will be calling Goldberg “Brock’s bitch.” This causes Goldberg to turn his head away from Lesnar, and Lesnar hits an F-5 on Goldberg. Lesnar and Heyman head backstage while Goldberg is in the ring, and he looks pissed off.
– Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson (c) vs. Enzo & Cass – No Contest: The tag titles are on the line in this one. Enzo misses a dropkick early on against Gallows and tags in Big Cass. Gallows brings Cass into his corner with punches and Anderson tags in. Cass throws Anderson outside and tags in Enzo. Enzo gears up for a suicide dive, but Anderson moves. Sheamus and Cesaro come out to watch, and it distracts Enzo and Cass. Cass tags in and works on Anderson. Cass hits the Empire Elbow and pins, but Gallows breaks up the pin. Cass throws Gallows to the outside, then Enzo hits a suicide dive on him. Enzo accidentally knocks Cesaro’s coffee all over him and Sheamus at ringside. Cesaro and Sheamus hit the ring and all hell breaks loose. When the dust settles, Enzo has Cesaro in a sleeper hold, but Sheamus Brogue Kicks Enzo right off of Cesaro. Cesaro and Sheamus head to the back while the others recover.
– We go backstage and see Enzo an Cass arguing with Cesaro and Sheamus. Foley sets up a match between them, where the winners will face Gallows and Anderson at WrestleMania. Foley says he’s going to try to have a nice day. Stephanie McMahon walks up behind him and says if he wants to have a nice day, to follow her to her office right now.
– Akira Tozawa def. Daivari: Daivari starts off in control, but Tozawa mounts a comeback after faking out Daivari. Tozawa knocks Daivari outside with a kick and follows up with a suicide dive. Back in the ring, Tozawa hits a German suplex for the win after a short match. Tozawa calls out Kendrick after the match. Kendrick comes out to the stage and tells him to be careful what he wishes for, then heads to the back.
– The New Day def. The Shining Stars: The New Day cut a promo about ice cream before the match. Primo and Epico get in some offense early on, then they take aim at the ice cream cart at ringside. Kofi comes from the ring with a suicide dive onto Primo and Epico at ringside, then back in the ring Big E hits the Big Ending for the win after a very short match. The New Day celebrates with their ice cream cart after the match.
– Mick Foley is in the ring and he brings out Bayley. Bayley says she’s glad to be heading to WrestleMania, but it doesn’t feel right because Sasha interfered. Sasha comes out next, and Charlotte quickly interrupts. Charlotte complains about being robbed at Fastlane due to Sasha’s interference. Stephanie McMahon comes out and the first thing she says is Foley isn’t the boss, and neither is Sasha, Steph is. Stephanie says all Chicagoans are losers just like CM Punk. Stephanie says Bayley would not be Champion if it weren’t for Sasha’s interference, and Charlotte was robbed. Stephanie makes a match for right now: Sasha Banks vs. Bayley, and if Sasha wins, she joins the Women’s Title match at WrestleMania to make it a three-way.
– Sasha Banks def. Bayley (c): This one is a non-title match. Charlotte and Dana Brooke are on commentary. Bayley and Sasha trade arm locks and takedowns in the evenly-matched opening moments. Sasha starts firing up and takes control of things. Sasha goes for a dive on Bayley to the outside but Bayley moves out of the way. Back in the ring, Sasha drops the champion with a lariat. Sasha is working on Bayley’s arm and then hits several elbows to the face. Bayley stops Sasha’s momentum with a back suplex, then a spear in the corner. Charlotte and Dana come down to ringside. Sasha hits some knees on Bayley then puts her in the crossface, but Bayley reaches the ropes. Sasha hits the backstabber then gets Bayley in the Banks Statement again. Charlotte tries to interfere, but Sasha kicks her off the apron, and rolls back to re-apply the Banks Statement on Bayley. Bayley taps out, and now Sasha has won a post at WrestleMania. Charlotte hits the ring after the match and hits a big boot on Sasha, then on Bayley.
– We get an extended look at Seth Rollins in the gym rehabbing his torn MCL. Rollins talks about how bad he wants to compete at WrestleMania.
– Michael Cole introduces Triple H live “via satellite” who comments on Rollins’ rehab. Triple H says Rollins should listen to the experts and give up on trying to return for WrestleMania. The Game continues to trash Rollins, and says if Rollins shows up at WrestleMania it’ll be the last thing he ever does in a WWE ring.
– Samoa Joe def. Chris Jericho via countout: Joe starts by backing Jericho up in the corner and pummeling on him. Jericho fights back with elbows and chops, until Joe drops him with a Pele kick. There’s back-and-forth offense between both men until Joe hits a senton drop for a two count. Joe now starts wearing down Jericho with several holds on the mat. Jericho fights his way up and goes for the Walls of Jericho, but Joe kicks him off. Jericho sends Joe rolling to the outside with a right hand and some kicks. Jericho follows him outside, but Joe immediately catches him in the Coquina Clutch. Joe has it locked in on the floor at ringside, and the ref starts counting them out. Joe has Jericho choked out, then he rolls back in the ring before the referee’s ten count and he wins via countout. After the bell, Joe drags Jericho into the ring, but Jericho hits a Codebreaker on him to back him off. Joe retreats to the back as Jericho stares him down from the ring.
– Braun Strowman comes out to the ring and calls out Roman Reigns. Reigns’ music starts, but then the lights go out and we hear the gong. The Undertaker’s music hits and flames start shooting from the stage. The Undertaker comes down to the ring and stands in front of Strowman. Strowman backs off and exits the ring, then leaves through the crowd. Undertaker’s music starts playing, but is then interrupted by Reigns’ music, and Reigns makes his way to the ring. Reigns grabs a microphone and tells Undertaker that this is his yard now. They each look at the WrestleMania sign, then Undertaker chokeslams Reigns.