This week’s episode of WWE RAW aired live on the USA Network from the Wells Fargo Center Philadelphia, PA. This was the go-home episode before Sunday’s Roadblock pay-per-view.
– The New Day (c) def. Gallows & Anderson vs. Sheamus & Cesaro: The New Day cuts a promo before the match and Xavier dedicates the match to his late grandmother. The New Day gets the upper hand over Sheamus early on with a series of double team moves from Big E and Kofi. Cesaro gets the tag and goes back and forth with Kofi, then Gallows gets the tag from Cesaro and drops Kofi with a big boot. Sheamus tags back in and starts working on Gallows, hitting his signature clubbing blogs to the chest over the ropes. Cesaro tags in and absolutely cleans house, hitting his signature offensive moves on every opponent in the match both inside and outside the ring. Sheamus tags in and Cesaro sets up Anderson for a successful Brogue Kick, but then Kofi comes out of nowhere with the Trouble In Paradise on Sheamus for the win.
– The New Day arrive backstage for their celebration party for becoming the longest-reigning WWE Tag Team Champions. They start spraying champagne everywhere, and it gets all over Stephanie and in her eyes. Stephanie freaks out and flips over a giant bowl of Booty-O’s. After the commercial break, we see Stephanie drying off backstage when Kevin Owens approaches her and says he has an idea for her she might like.
– Braun Strowman def. Curtis Axel: Strowman tosses Axel across the ring early on then hits a running splash in the corner. Strowman hits a clubbing blow to the chest of Axel, then puts him in the Torture Rack. Axel fights out and goes for a missile dropkick off the middle rope, but Strowman clotheslines him out of the sky. Strowman follows up with a wheelbarrow facebuster for the win. After the match, Byron gets in the ring to interview Braun, and Braun gets in his face. Byron asks Braun about Sami Zayn’s challenge, and Braun says Foley is protecting Zayn. Strowman says Sami can’t last two minutes in the ring with him, nor can anyone else.
– Sami Zayn approaches Mick Foley backstage and demands that Foley gives him his match against Strowman. Foley says he can’t because of how their last match went, and says Strowman would end Sami’s career. Sami says if Foley won’t give him the opportunities he deserves on RAW, maybe he doesn’t need to be on RAW anymore. Foley says out of respect to Sami, he’ll call Daniel Bryan and work out a trade.
– Ariya Daivari def. Lince Dorado via DQ: Daivari opens up the match in control, and after a couple minutes Jack Gallagher’s music hits and he interrupts. He grabs the mic and calls Daivari a scoundrel, then they start brawling around ringside. They roll into the ring and Gallagher dropkicks Daivari back to the outside, then Daivari retreats.
– We see Seth Rollins backstage getting ready to come out and host The Rollins Report.
– Rollins comes out to the ring and introduces his guest Kevin Owens. Owens comes out, but then walks back behind the curtain. Owens reemerges with a stool and sits on the stage instead of joining Rollins in the ring. Owens says the only reason he came out is because he has an announcement to make. Rollins keeps interrupting Owens to ask how his friendship with Jericho is doing. Owens says Jericho will have his match on Sunday against Reigns, and says he’ll have Jericho’s back in his match against Rollins. Owens announces that after talking to Stephanie McMahon, she has decided to put The New Day in another Tag Title match tonight against the team of Kevin Owens and Chris Jericho. Jericho comes out next to interrupt. After some brief words, Jericho and Owens hit the ring and start beating down Rollins. Roman Reigns comes out to make the save, and joins Rollins in beating down Jericho and Owens.
– Brian Kendrick def. TJ Perkins: Kendrick takes control early on, but Perkins comes back with a clothesline and a springboard dropkick. Perkins follows up with a series of kicks for a near-fall. Kendrick catches Perkins with a big boot then a suplex for a near-fall of his own. Perkins gets Kendrick in a knee bar, but Kendrick reaches the ropes to break the hold. Kendrick sends Perkins into the ring post then follows up with the Sliced Bread for the win.
– Bayley def. Alicia Fox: Bayley dominates the opening moments of the match, but Alicia quickly comes back with a kick to the head and a series of suplexes. Bayley hits a belly to belly suplex out of nowhere for the win after a short match.
– Lana comes out to the ring to introduce Rusev. Rusev comes out and addresses last week’s assault on Enzo, and he says he has footage of him and Lana taking care of business. Rusev and Lana tell the children to close their eyes, because they’re going to show them what Lana does behind closed doors. They show the footage of them beating down Enzo in the hotel last week, then they continue cutting a promo on Enzo. Big Cass comes out to defend Enzo, and he hits the ring to fight Rusev. After some back-and-forth brawling, Rusev tackles Cass through the ropes to ringside. After some more fairly evenly matched brawling, Cass gets the upper hand and Rusev retreats up the ramp.
– Kevin Owens and Chris Jericho are backstage preparing for their Tag Team Titles match tonight.
– Sami Zayn def. Jinder Mahal: Sami starts off aggressively, but Mahal manages to keep him grounded momentarily. Zayn quickly comes back with a t-bone suplex in the corner and a running big boot for the win after a very short match. After the match, Mick Foley comes out to the ring. Foley tells Sami that he will be trading him to SmackDown, for a talent of equal value. He gives Sami the paperwork to sign, and makes sure it’s what Sami wants. Sami asks one last time for a match with Braun Strowman, and Foley says the answer is no. Before Sami signs, Foley tells him that he’ll be traded straight up for Eva Marie. Sami says he’s worth a thousand Eva Maries, and flips out at Foley. Foley changes his mind and says to focus this anger towards Braun this weekend at Roadblock. Foley says there was never a trade for Eva and he was just getting him fired up.
– The New Day (c) vs. Kevin Owens & Chris Jericho vs. Roman Reigns & Seth Rollins: The Tag Team Titles are on the line in this one. Xavier starts off against Rollins with back and forth action. Jericho and Big E tag in and Jericho takes control of the match. They trade boots then Jericho chokes Big E on the lower rope. Owens tags in and goes for a Samoan Drop, but Big E gets out and both men go down after a double clothesline. Owens and Jericho go for a double superplex off the top on Big E, but Rollins interrupts. Reigns and Big E interrupt next, and we get a huge double powerbomb/superplex combination. After the dust settles. Owens and Xavier are left in the ring fighting it out. Owens misses a senton drop and Big E gets the hot tag. Jericho comes in and Big E hits a series of belly to belly suplexes on him. Rollins tags himself in and clotheslines Jericho over the top rope. Rollins follows up with a suicide dive on Jericho to the outside, then throws him back in. Rollins then immediately hits a suicide dive outside on Big E. Back in the ring, Rollins knees Jericho in the face then Reigns tags in. Reigns hits a powerbomb on Jericho for a two count. Xavier tags in next and kicks Reigns in the head, then follows up with a springboard flying elbow for a two count. Rollins tags in and knees Xavier in the head, then Owens runs in but Rollins superkicks him. Rollins goes up top, but Jericho knocks him down and Owens hits the cannonball in the corner. Jericho tags himself in and hits the Lionsault on Xavier for a two count. Jericho puts Xavier in the Walls of Jericho, but Xavier powers out. Wood goes for a tornado DDT but Owens runs in and superkicks him. Owens launches Woods through the air and Jericho catches him wit a Codebreaker. Jericho pins, but Rollins pushes Owens into him to break the pin. Jericho accuses Owens of falling on him and they start shoving each other. Rollins attacks from behind, then hits the Pedigree on Jericho. Big E pulls Rollins outside, then Xavier rolls ontop of Jericho for the pin and he scores the 3 count. The New Day wins and are still the Tag Team Champions. Jericho and Owens continue yelling at each other after the match, and Jericho says they’re done. Jericho leaves, and Owens turns around into a spear from Reigns. Reigns holds up the WWE Universal Title and the U.S. Title as RAW goes off the air.
#RAW. I’ve been patient. No more BS. I want my match with Braun Strowman. @RealMickFoley make this happen.
— Sami Zayn (@iLikeSamiZayn) December 12, 2016
Keep refreshing this page for live results starting at 8 PM ET!