The October 18th, 2019 edition of WWE Friday Night SmackDown aired on FOX and took place at the Bankers Life Fieldhouse in Indianapolis, IN.
- The intro video plays and pyro goes off in the arena. Michael Cole welcomes us to Friday Night SmackDown in Indianapolis.
- Roman Reigns vs. Shinsuke Nakamura (c): The Intercontinental Championship is on the line in this one, and Sami Zayn is at the commentary table. The opening bell sounds and Nakamura starts off strong with a series of knee strikes. Reigns starts fighting back now and Nakamura rolls outside for a breather. Sami walks over to him to help him up. Reigns rolls outside now and looks for the Drive By kick on Nakamura, but Sami pulls Nakamura out of the way. Nakamura fires back with a boot to the face of Roman, then he takes him back in the ring to continue the offense. Reigns fights back with elbows to the head, then an uppercut and a series of clotheslines. Reigns looks for a Superman punch, but Nakamura catches him and turns it around into an armbar attempt. Nakamura turns it into a triangle choke, but Reigns escapes. Sami causes a distraction, which leads to Nakamua hitting a German suplex. Reigns drops Nakamura with a Superman punch for a two count. Reigns gets up and it looks like he's going to go for a spear, but then Baron Corbin runs in and attacks Roman Reigns from behind. This one ends in a DQ, so Nakamura keeps the IC Title.
Winner via DQ: Roman Reigns
- Corbin gives Reigns the Deep Six in the ring, and Sami gets in the ring too for a closer look. Daniel Bryan runs in for the save and he clears the ring. Bryan hits a missile dropkick on Nakamura, then he looks for a suicide dive, but Sami Zayn grabs his leg. Sami won't let go, and Nakamura comes back in now and knees Bryan in the head. Nakamura, Sami and Corbin leave together.
- The New Day is shown backstage singing, when Tucker of Heavy Machinery interrupts. He places a table with a checker cloth in front of the three New Day members. Tucker says that they'll be opponents again soon, but they're on the same team tonight, and he wants to lift Kofi's spirits after losing the Championship. Kofi says he's fine and has the power of positivity, but he's interested in what Tucker has in mind. Otis walks in with a giant bowl of pancake batter, and Tucker dumps a bunch of protein powder in it. The New Day members say they don't want to eat so close to a match, so Otis starts chugging the pancake batter by himself.
- King Corbin is backstage for an interview about why he attacked Roman Reigns, but Corbin declines to say anything. He puts his crown on and walks off.
- Shorty Gable vs. Curtis Axel: Bo Dallas is at ringside. The opening bell sounds and they lock up. Gable takes Axel down, then they fight into the corner. Dallas causes a distraction, and Axel starts taking control of the match now. Axel starts working over Gable's shoulder on the mat now. Gable comes back with a sunset flip for a two count. Gable boots Dallas in the face from the apron, then he drops Axel in the ring. Axel tries to come back with a Perfect Plex, but Gable escapes and takes Axel down again. Gable applies the ankle lock for the win via submission.
Winner: Shorty Gable
- Gable does an interview in the ring after the match. Gable says he always thought he was being held back because of his height, but the reality is that his height is what makes him who he is. Gable says it's okay to be exactly who you are one, and he thanks all the people who made fun of him and pushed him. Gable says not to run from your insecurities, and he says he's going to make his name even shorter, now it's just "Shorty G."
- Michael Cole welcomes Hulk Hogan on the big screen via Skype. Hulk is at his shop in Clearwater, Florida. Hulk says he's been chasing Flair around since Corey Graves was in diapers, and he's got Flair's number, so you don't need to worry about Team Hogan. Hogan says he likes Shorty G so far tonight for Team Hogan, but he will reveal the full team and the team captain later. Hogan asks Flair what he's gonna do when Hogan gets his hands on him, brother.
- Heavy Machinery & The New Day vs. Dolph Ziggler, Robert Roode, & The Revival: This one is an eight-man tag match. Ziggler and Tucker start this one off, and Ziggler takes control with a dropkick. Tucker fires back with a dropkick of his own, then Otis tags in for the double team. Roode runs in, and Tucker suplexes Roode, while Otis suplexes Ziggler. Big E tags in now for another double team on Ziggler. The Revival runs in, and Big E and Otis give them both belly to belly suplexes. Woods runs the ropes and hits a suicide dive on the Revival at ringside. Roode and Ziggler come over and give Woods a double team backbreaker/Zig Zag on the ringside floor. Back in the ring, Wilder tags in and works over Woods on the mat. Woods fights back with a back suplex, and now both men are down. Dawson tags in, but he misses a shot and Woods knocks his other opponents off the apron. Dawson comes over and trades strikes with Woods now. Woods hits an enziguri, and both men are down. Wilder gets the tag for the double team on Woods, for a two count. Ziggler tags in and takes Woods up to the top turnbuckle. Ziggler looks for a superplex, but Woods fights him off. Woods knocks Ziggler down, then hits a missile dropkick off the top. Otis finally gets the hot tag, and Roode tags in as well. Otis cleans house and drops everyone in his sight. Roode hits some strikes on Otis, but Otis no-sells them and start shaking his midsection. Otis looks for a splash in the corner, but Ziggler stops him with a boot to the face. Ziggler misses the follow-up shot and Otis slams him. Otis suplexes Roode down, then drops Dawson. Otis hits the Caterpillar on Roode. Dawson comes flying off the top, but Otis catches him. Heavy Machinery looks for the double team, but Ziggler takes out Tucker and Wilder takes out Otis. Wilder then hits a dive on Tucker at ringside. Otis grabs hold of Dawson in the ring, then he tags in Big E, and Big E tags in Wood. The New Day hits the Midnight Hour on Dawson for the three count.
Winners: Heavy Machinery & The New Day
- Kofi comes in the ring to celebrate with The New Day and Heavy Machinery.
- Michael Cole reminds us that SmackDown will be on FS1 next week instead of FOX, due to World Series baseball.
- Cole and Graves also announce that King Corbin & Shinsuke Nakamura will be teaming up to face Roman Reigns & Daniel Bryan in a tag match later tonight.
- Daniel Bryan is backstage for an interview. Bryan says this is his first fight on Friday Night SmackDown, and that's something to be excited about. He says that he and Reigns are going to put Corbin and Nakamura in their place tonight.
- Bayley is shown backstage walking through the aren with her Title belt. She'll be on Miz TV tonight.
- We see a video package looking at Ali and showing some of his in-ring highlights.
- The Miz comes out to the ring for tonight's edition of Miz TV. The Miz welcomes us to his show, and says he wants to get right to introducing his guest tonight. He says Bayley has a new look and a new attitude, and he invites her out. Bayley comes out with Sasha Banks, and she has a new entrance music. The Miz orders someone to set up another chair in the ring for Sasha. Bayley and Sasha have a seat in the ring across from Miz, and Sasha says she's just here to support her best friend. Bayley cuts off Miz and talks about beating Charlotte, and Sasha adds that Bayley is the first ever female grand-slam champion. The Miz says that's great, but he moves on to fans being outraged about Bayley's attitude change recently. Bayley says she doesn't owe Miz or anyone else an explanation. Miz says she's a champion who doesn't talk, like Brock Lesnar. Miz asks why she is lashing out and changing her appearance. Bayley says she slashed her "Bayley buddies" because they defined her and put smiles on other peoples' faces, and all the fans did was take. Bayley was trying to be a role model and be a hero, but when she was in pain and crying after a loss, no was there for her. Bayley says the fans destroyed her, but she picked herself back up and won her Title belt back. She says the women in the back didn't congratulate her on her win, and this division lacks desire and passion. Bayley says she has outgrown the locker room and the fans. Bayley says if you want inspiration, she borrows an old Vince McMahon quote and says "life sucks, and then you die." Nikki Cross interrupts and says she's heard enough. Nikki says the time for talking is over, and the time for action is now. Nikki says after she wins tonight, she'll give Bayley a great big hug. Dana Brooke comes out next, and she complains about being underutilized and overlooked, but tonight is a new beginning for her. Dana says she can feel it that things are turning around for her. Lacey Evans interrupts, and a women's six-pack challenge match is up next.
- Six Pack Challenge: Dana Brooke vs. Lacey Evans vs. Nikki Cross vs. Sony Deville vs. Mandy Rose vs. Carmella: Sonya and Mandy team up to clear the ring in the opening moments of this one. Mandy and Sonya look to double team Nikki, but Nikki fights them both off. Sonya attacks Nikki from behind, and they overpower Nikki. Nikki fends off another double team attempt, but Mandy clotheslines her down again. Nikki rolls outside, and Mandy and Sony stand tall in the ring now. They go outside and double team Carmella on the ringside floor now. Dana Brooke runs over and dives on Mandy and Sonya, then Lacey blindsides Dana with a lariat. Lacey and Nikki start going at it on the apron now, and Nikki knocks Lacey down. Carmella then hits a dive off the barricade on Mandy, Sonya and Lacey. Back in the ring, Sonya and Mandy team up again to clear the ring, then they start double teaming Carmella. Carmella fights back with some kicks, then she hits the bronco buster on both Mandy and Sonya. The fight spills out to ringside, and Nikki hits a splash off the top on Mandy, Sonya and Carmella. Lacey coms over and throws Nikki into the ring post. Lacey and Dana fight in the ring now, and Dana hits sit-out powerbomb. Dana goes up top and hits a Swanton Bomb, but Carmella and Mandy break up the pin. Carmella and Mandy start trading shots in the middle of the ring now. Mandy looks for a roll-up, but Carmella reverses it into the Code of Silence. Sonya breaks up the pin, then the other women start running in the ring and chaos breaks loose. When the dust settles, it comes down to Nikki and Mandy, and Nikki drops Mandy for the three count.
Winner: Nikki Cross
- Nikki now will get a shot at Bayley's Women's Title belt. Nikki and Bayley exchange words after the match.
- Cole sends us to a video package looking at some Braun Strowman highlights, sponsored by Progressive Insurance.
- Back from the commercial break, we see a video package looking at the feud between Seth Rollins and "The Fiend" Bray Wyatt.
- Braun Strowman vs. Drew Gulak: The opening bell sounds, but Gulak avoids engaging with Braun, and he takes a mic from ringside. Gulak says this is his first night on Friday Night SmackDown, and he wants to properly introduce himself. He says he's a former Cruiserweight champion, and he's also a combat sports historian, and he gives Braun a warning about Tyson Fury. He says if Braun does his usual monster act at Crown Jewel, Fury will knock him out cold. Drew says he put together a 345-slide powerpoint presentation to Braun, and Braun should follow these steps in order to have a chance against Fury. Gulak starts to describe Slide #1, but Braun grabs him and throws him cross the ring. Braun throws Gulak from one corner of the ring to the other, then hits a running shoulder tackle. Gulak tries to fight back, but Braun headbutts him out to ringside. Braun runs around the ring and hits the running shoulder tackle on Gulak at ringside, and he lands right on top of him on the floor. Back in the ring, Braun hits a splash in the corner, then a clubbing blow to the chest. Braun follows up with the running powerslam for the three count.
Winner: Braun Strowman
- Cole and Graves cut a promo for the new WWE 2k20 video game, coming out this Tuesday.
- Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair are both advertised for SmackDown on FS1 next week.
- Roman Reigns & Daniel Bryan vs. King Corbin & Shinsuke Nakamura: Sami Zayn is at ringside. Bryan and Reigns double team Corbin early on. Bryan follows up with a running bulldog on Corbin, and then a series of kicks. Corbin ducks a shot, then tags in Nakamura. Nakamura and Bryan trade strikes in the middle of the ring now. Byan drops Nakamura with a knee to the midsection. Sami Zayn causes a distraction from the apron, which leads to Nakamura kicking Bryan out to ringside. Back in the ring, Corbin tags in and continues the offense on Bryan. Nakamura tags in and they look for the double team, but Bryan escapes. Bryan knees Nakamura in the head, then sends Corbin shoulder-first into the ring post. Nakamura misses a shot on Bryan, and Bryan drops him with a flying lariat. Reigns wants the hot tag, but Corbin pulls him off the apron and slams him into the ring steps. Meanwhile in the ring, Nakamura hits a spinning heel kick on Bryan, followed up by a knee to the face for a two count. Nakamura misses a kick, and Bryan takes the opportunity to knock Corbin off the apron. Bryan then drops Nakamura and applies the Yes Lock, but Corbin breaks it up. Reigns drops Corbin with a Superman punch, and then spears him at ringside into the timekeeper's area. Back in the ring, Bryan lays into Nakamura with kicks. Nakamur fights back with a kick of his own. Nakamura misses the Kinshasa, and Bryan hits the running knee to the face for the three count.
Winners: Daniel Bryan & Roman Reigns
- Bryan leads the crowd in a "yes" chant as we go to replays. Bryan and Reigns shake hands in the ring as SmackDown goes off the air.
WWE & AEW NEWS HEADLINES (OCTOBER 18, 2019)* Could Eric Bischoff Be Heading To All Elite Wrestling During AEW Full Gear?
* NXT Injury Report: Velveteen Dream, Keith Lee, Tegan Nox (10/18)
* The Miz On New Baby With Maryse, If It Affects WWE Career (Photos)
* Details On Debut Of Official WWE Podcast "After The Bell" With HHH
* WWE Talent Flying On Private Plane To Saudi Arabia & Back To New York In Under 24 Hours
* POLL: Who Had Better Show In Week 3 Of Wednesday Night Wars: AEW Or NXT?
* Wild AEW Fans In Philly This Week Prompts Statements From Liacourus Center & Cody
* Report: Craziness From WWE Draft Completely A Result Of New FOX Deal
* WWE's New Plans For Firefly Funhouse, Seth Rollins & Bray Wyatt Heel/Face Turns?
* Plans For RAW To Be Taped During Year-End Holidays, More WWE Schedule News
* Tyson Fury Making $15 Million For Crown Jewel?, WWE Sources Debate Figure
eWrestling.com Social Media Interaction* Follow eWrestling head writer Matt Boone on Twitter @MattBoone1984
* Follow the official eWrestling account on Twitter @eWrestlingCOM
* Follow the official eWrestling Facebook page at Facebook.com/eWrestlingCOM
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official eWrestling Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/http-ewrestling-com