It doesn’t look as though the investors and stockholders are showing much support of the decision made by the Chairman of the Board this week to release longtime Co-Presidents Michelle Wilson and George Barrios in favor of a significant “management transition” behind-the-scenes in WWE.
WWE announced a major, and somewhat shocking, change to their leadership team this afternoon by declaring that Co-Presidents Michelle Wilson and George Barrios were out of the company effectively immediately.
Both had been with WWE for a number of years but it seems clear that the 2019 full year and fourth quarter results (set to be announced next week on 2/6) probably will not meet expectations, prompting Vince McMahon to make this change.
The sudden change obviously spooked investors as the WWE stock fell sharply in after-hours trading.
The company made the announcement after the markets had closed when the stock was at $62.30 but when the news became public, the stock plunged going as low as $47.80 but rebounding slightly to $49.00 as of this writing.
We will keep you posted here at eWrestling.com as the fallout from today’s major WWE corporate announcement continues!
- POSSIBLE *SPOILER* – WWE Re-Names & Re-Designs NXT Title To Set Up TOP Women’s Match, Star-Making Moment At WrestleMania 36 …
— Matt Boone (@MattBoone1984) January 31, 2020
eWrestling.com Social Media Interaction
* Follow eWrestling head writer Matt Boone on Twitter @MattBoone1984
* Follow the official eWrestling account on Twitter @eWrestlingCOM
* Follow the official eWrestling Facebook page at Facebook.com/eWrestlingCOM
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official eWrestling Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/http-ewrestling-com