Unfortunately it looks like the worst case scenario possible is playing out for The New Day’s Xavier Woods, as the WWE Superstar recently underwent surgery to repair his torn Achilles tendon suffered during a match at the WWE Sydney live event in Australia last weekend, and it looks like he will, in fact, be out of action for quite some time.
Woods posted on Twitter to update everyone but indicated that he doesn’t know how long he will be sidelined for, however noted that he anticipated that would find out soon.
He did admit that regardless of the actual timetable itself, he won’t be able to wrestle for “quite a while.”
As we previously reported here at eWrestling.com, the torn Achilles tendon would sideline Woods for anywhere between nine months and a year.
Check out the latest update from Xavier Woods, which includes a photo following his Achilles tendon surgery below.
Updaaaaaaate – for those of you asking what exactly happened in the first place. I was on top of my treehouse and someone yelled that my epidermis was showing….https://t.co/lTgxrMaBjE pic.twitter.com/nXDep1KWDl
— Austin Creed (@XavierWoodsPhD) October 25, 2019
- Jim Ross Explains Why He Is “P*SSED OFF” At Seth Rollins’s AEW “Minor Leagues” Comments (MUST READ!!)
eWrestling.com Social Media Interaction
* Follow eWrestling head writer Matt Boone on Twitter @MattBoone1984
* Follow the official eWrestling account on Twitter @eWrestlingCOM
* Follow the official eWrestling Facebook page at Facebook.com/eWrestlingCOM
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official eWrestling Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/http-ewrestling-com
— Matt Boone (@MattBoone1984) October 25, 2019