Terri Runnels is off the hook after being arrested and charged with carrying a concealed firearm when she was found with a gun at the Tampa International Airport a couple of weeks ago.
TMZ Sports reports that prosecutors have dropped the case against the former WWE Superstar and have issued a "letter of release" dismissal, which means the case has been dropped but could in theory be picked up again (unlikely) by prosecutors at a later date.
After being arrested and charged, Runnels released a video suggesting that she simply forgot she had a gun in her bag, but officials didn't care and took her into custody. She was facing up to a five year prison term if found guilty.
eWrestling.com Social Media Interaction* Follow eWrestling head writer Matt Boone on Twitter @MattBoone1984
* Follow the official eWrestling account on Twitter @eWrestlingCOM
* Follow the official eWrestling Facebook page at Facebook.com/eWrestlingCOM
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official eWrestling Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/http-ewrestling-com
Recent Related Headlines* Report: Name For Weekly AEW On TNT TV Show Revealed
* Backstage Reason Why Vince McMahon Likes To Feature R-Truth On TV
* Brandi Rhodes Describes AEW Women's Title: "It's Never Been Done Before"
* Former WWE Champion Teases Returning To Go After 24/7 Title
* Photos: Recent NXT Call-Ups Get Married Over The Weekend
* Carmella & Corey Graves Go Public With Their Relationship (Photos)
* 205 Live Star & Mae Young Classic Competitor Get Married (Photo)
* Jon Moxley Describes In Great Detail Changing His Look After WWE
* Photos: Sasha Banks Shows Off New Swimwear At The Beach