Local Tampa, Florida news outlet WTSP reported this past weekend that Florida Governor Ron DeSantis issued an executive order to the surgeon general to declare a "State of Emergency" after two people tested positive for the Coronavirus in the Tampa Bay region.
The news marks the first known cases of the Coronavirus in the state of Florida, which follows recent headlines about the virus spreading into the U.S. with confirmed cases in New York, Rhode Island, and Washington state.
As of this writing, there is word yet regarding whether or not the Tampa Bay region being infected with the Coronavirus and declaring a "State of Emergency" will affect the biggest show of the year for WWE in 2020, as Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, Florida is scheduled to host WrestleMania 36 on April 5.
WWE Executive Stephanie McMahon recently told the Tampa Bay Times the following about WWE's plans on dealing with a potential Coronavirus issue in Tampa for next month's WrestleMania:
"The health and safety of not only our fan base, but also our [WWE] Superstars, really does come first," Stephanie told the Tampa-based media outlet last week. "We don't want to put anyone in a bad situation ever, regardless of the circumstance."
She added, "Those are not risks worth taking."
In terms of WWE having a backup plan in case something does come up, Stephanie claimed WWE has "active and ongoing discussions at play internally."
"Given the number of live events that (WWE) does, it's constantly monitoring global events," she said during the interview. "There are active and ongoing discussions at play internally, like there are in any sector of American business, and certainly families as a whole. So I think those will continue."
We will keep you posted as additional information regarding the Coronavirus spreading into the host-city of this year's WrestleMania 36 pay-per-view surfaces. Until then, keep checking back here at eWrestling.com and/or follow me on Twitter for quick-hit and breaking news updates @MattBoone1984.
— Ron DeSantis (@GovRonDeSantis) March 2, 2020
- WATCH: Matt Hardy Debuts NEW Look, CONFIRMS WWE Contract Expiration & Teases Move To AEW Or IMPACT (*NEW*)
First cases of #Coronavirus in #TampaBay, #Florida confirmed on #MondayMorning
Update w/ comments from #StephanieMcMahon on what #WWE plans to do w/ #WrestleMania at @RJStadium as a result of the #CoronaOutbreak (#WrestlingCommunity, #FloridaNews)
LINK: https://t.co/D7IjazsWHW pic.twitter.com/I7Vc0MHgWh
— Matt Boone (@MattBoone1984) March 2, 2020
MORE WWE & AEW NEWS, RUMORS & PHOTOS* The Dark Order's "Exalted One" To Be Unveiled On AEW Dynamite (Latest CRYPTIC Tease ...)
* Shinsuke Nakamura Posts Interesting "Cryptic Tweet" Immediately After AEW Revolution
* John Cena Posts "Cryptic Tweet" After WWE Return, Start Of WrestleMania Rivalry With Fiend
* Several WWE & NXT Stars Make Fun Of Goldberg's Jackhammer At Super ShowDown
* WATCH: BIG Tease For Matt Hardy To NXT In Latest "Cryptic Tweet" (Video)
* Possible *Spoiler* On Legend Who Will Induct British Bulldog Into WWE Hall Of Fame
* Photo: Renee Young Gets New Tattoo On Her Back
* Photos: Sasha Banks Changes Her Hair To Another New Color
* Photos: Liv Morgan Looks Good Dancing On A Stripper Pole
* Photos: Kairi Sane Gets Married In Japan, Shares Pics Taken At Wedding
* Photos: Mandy Rose Dyes Hair Brown & Shows Off Brunette Look
* Photos: Liv Morgan Shows Off New Look At WWE Live Event
* WWE Couple Seth Rollins & Becky Lynch Out On Date In Public (Photos)