WWE Hall Of Famer Kurt Angle shared a gem of an old backstage news story this week.
During a recent interview, Kurt Angle recently gave his version of the infamous behind-the-scenes story from an airplane flight fight he had with Vince McMahon during his initial run with the company in the early 2000's.
The story goes that Angle dealt with the WWE Chairman attempting to legitimately wrestle him throughout a seven-hour plane ride, so much so that even a warning from a stewardess on the flight didn't help, as McMahon allegedly claimed he would simply buy the airplane before stopping.
"I’ve had a lot of stories with Vince but I remember when he wanted to wrestle me on an airplane and we had a seven-hour wrestling feud that just kept going on and on," Angle began, when discussing the story during a recent interview with Inside The Ropes. "He would jump on me and we’d wrestle and I’d get him to the ground and he’d say, ‘okay okay let me up,’ and he’d go back and sit down and then ten minutes later he’d jump on me again."
Angle continued, "It was a long plane ride and it was just Vince drinking wine and wrestling me. I’ll never forget at one point, the flight attendant came back and said ‘If you guys don’t stop he’s going to ground this plane and you guys are going to get kicked off’. And Vince said to him ‘Tell the pilot to go f himself, I’ll buy the f*ing plane’.
"That’s just Vince, he likes to have fun and he likes to be challenged at every aspect of his life. He’s not just a very responsible owner of one of the biggest companies in the world, he’s a big kid, he likes to have fun, and he likes competition."
The pro wrestling legend continued, explaining that eventually things escalated to the point that the longtime WWE boss began recruiting talents to help set up Angle so he could continue to try and wrestle him down during the lengthy plane ride.
"He recruited a lot of people," Angle recalled. "I remember Terri Runnels came up to me and said ‘Hey, I have something personal to ask you could you meet me in the back?’ And I thought this is weird why would she want me to meet her in the back? I get up to go to the back and Vince jumps up from the seats and jumps on me and we start wrestling again. It was non-ending."
He added, "When we were landing the plane, right when we touched ground, Chris Jericho was sitting behind me and said ‘Kurt look in the aisle’ and I looked in the aisle and Vince was army crawling to jump on me again. He wasn’t going to quit until this plane was landed and we got off it. It was a long trip, I didn’t get any sleep and Vince had the time of his life. He never took me down, no. If he claims he does he’s lying. I don’t think he would do that but let me tell you this: Vince is one tough son of a gun. He likes to be challenged. He’s one of those guys who would go up to Mike Tyson and say ‘Punch me as hard as you can’ because he wants to feel it. He’s that kind of individual. He wants to experience the best. Vince is a rare breed."
Check out more from the recent Inside The Ropes interview with WWE Hall Of Famer Kurt Angle via the YouTube player embedded below.
(H/T to WrestlingInc.com for transcribing the above Kurt Angle quotes.)
WATCH: #KurtAngle tells his side of the FULL **INFAMOUS STORY** behind #WWE Chairman #VinceMcMahon trying to attack him and legitimately wrestle him SEVERAL TIMES throughout 7-hour airplane flight (#VIDEO)
LINK: https://t.co/iILr9oUR5K pic.twitter.com/KxJ9yprTZk
— Matt Boone (@MattBoone1984) March 7, 2020
MORE WWE & AEW NEWS, RUMORS & PHOTOS* WATCH: Natalya Does Hilarious Impression Of Michael "P.S." Hayes (Video)
* Possible WrestleMania Spoiler: Two Big Names At WWE HQ For Meeting About WM36 Plans
* Eric Bischoff LASHES OUT At Tony Khan, Claims He's "Spent $30-50 MILLION Just To Prove AEW Is On NXT's Level"
* AEW *SPOILERS* For This Week (Confirmed Results For Big Match!)
* The Dark Order's "Exalted One" To Be Unveiled On AEW Dynamite (Latest CRYPTIC Tease ...)
* WrestleMania 36 Host City Of Tampa Confirms First Coronavirus Cases: What Are WWE's Plans Now?
* Numbers ARE IN: Which Show Had More Fan Interest - AEW Revolution Or WWE Super ShowDown?
* Update On WWE's Plans For Seth Rollins At WrestleMania 36
* Update On WWE's Plans For NXT Japan Brand: Triple H Meeting With AJPW GM Soon
* Shinsuke Nakamura Posts Interesting "Cryptic Tweet" Immediately After AEW Revolution
* Photo: Renee Young Gets New Tattoo On Her Back
* Photos: Sasha Banks Changes Her Hair To Another New Color
* Photos: Liv Morgan Looks Good Dancing On A Stripper Pole
* Photos: Kairi Sane Gets Married In Japan, Shares Pics Taken At Wedding
* Photos: Mandy Rose Dyes Hair Brown & Shows Off Brunette Look
* Photos: Liv Morgan Shows Off New Look At WWE Live Event