In addition to standing out for having the same last name as the President of All Elite Wrestling (Tony Khan), the main competitor to WWE, newly named WWE President Nick Khan was assigned to the position for a very specific reason.
Dave Meltzer reported in the latest issue of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter at F4WOnline.com that new WWE President and CFO Nick Khan will be tasked initially with attempting to sell the WWE Network - perhaps just the pay-per-view specials hosted on the platform every month - to a larger streaming company.
The hope from WWE is that Khan will be able to get similar guaranteed money that he ended up getting for WWE when negotiating and securing the latest lucrative NBCUniversal and FOX television rights fees deals for Monday Night Raw and Friday Night SmackDown, respectively, on behalf of WWE.
WWE Chairman Vince McMahon had attempted to sell WWE Network content before WrestleMania, however he wasn’t able to secure a deal as a result of the pandemic. By bringing in Khan and his expertise in negotiating, he now figures to be the key person involved in negotiations for WWE.
We will keep you posted here at eWrestling.com as updates continue to surface regarding Nick Khan's responsibilities as part of his role as the new WWE President, as well as any details on the WWE Network being sold to a larger streaming distributor.
MORE RECENT WRESTLING NEWS* WWE Bringing In Another Well-Known MMA Legend For High-Profile Match?
* AEW Stars Growing Frustrated Over Veterans Holding Onto Their Spots
* CM Punk's Surprising Reaction To RAW Underground, What He Wants To See
* Rusev & Maria Kanellis Blast WWE In Recent Twitter Rants
* The REAL Reason WWE Brought Back Shane McMahon This Week
* Latest Updates On Marty Jannetty Police Investigation For Potential Murder Case
* Renee Young Interested In Wrestling Specific Type Of Match & Opponent
REACTION: WRESTLING CHAT & SOCIAL MEDIA* For late-breaking WWE & AEW news & rumors, follow our social media reporter on Twitter @MattBoone1984
* Follow the official eWrestling account on Twitter @eWrestlingCOM
* Follow the official eWrestling Facebook page at Facebook.com/eWrestlingCOM
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official eWrestling Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/http-ewrestling-com