It looks like the recent mayhem created within the WWE Universe as a result of the 2019 WWE Draft two-night special was completely due to the company's new television rights agreement with FOX.
WWE’s original plan was never to hold a “draft” before the FOX launch and instead simply move forward with the rosters that were created as a result of the Superstar Shakeup last spring, reports Dave Meltzer in the latest issue of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter at F4WOnline.com.
However, it appears that the decision was made to promote the draft as a way to push up viewership and ratings, especially following the FOX debut with the goal being to try and minimize the viewership draft from the first show.
As far as RAW on the USA Network is concerned, ratings aren’t that important because WWE programming blows away everything else on the channel.
On FOX there is more of an urgency on the numbers due to the network’s expectations and the competition within the network in terms of other programming drawing significant numbers, forcing WWE to draw at a certain level to earn the enormous sum of money that was included with the deal.
Basically put, all of the chaos and mayhem created by the 2019 WWE Draft specials were completely done as a result of WWE scrambling for ideas to draw big numbers coming out of the gate on the FOX network.
We will keep you posted right here at eWrestling.com as more news coming out of this year's 2019 WWE Draft special continues to surface!
- Update On Future Of Firefly Funhouse, WWE's Plans For Seth Rollins & "The Fiend" Bray Wyatt (Heel/Face Turns?)
WWE & AEW NEWS UPDATES (10/15)* Exclusive Update On Eric Bischoff's WWE Release, Bruce Prichard/SmackDown Plans
* Backstage News On How 2019 Draft Affected Real-Life WWE Couples This Year
* Plans For RAW To Be Taped During Year-End Holidays, More WWE Schedule News
* Tyson Fury Making $15 Million For Crown Jewel?, WWE Sources Debate Figure
* Mike Kanellis Requests Release From WWE With Lengthy Public Statement
* Update On Free Agents Still Remaining After 2019 WWE Draft
* John Cena & Robert Downey Jr. In First "DOLITTLE" Movie Trailer (Video)
* Chris Jericho Teases Debut Of "Painmaker" Alter-Ego For 10/16 AEW Dynamite
* Triple H Admits WWE Questioned Cain Velasquez's Ability To Entertain, Not Tyson Fury's
* Cain Velasquez Statement Confirming UFC Retirement, Revealing WWE Goals
* NJPW On Stripping Jon Moxley Of IWGP US Title, Lance Archer On Winning It (Updated)
* Twitter War Breaks Out Between Wives Of Jeff & Matt Hardy Over Jeff's DWI Arrest
* Ember Moon's Injury Worse Than Expected, Could Be Out Over A Year
* Exclusive Update On Scarlett Bordeaux Signing With WWE
* Backstage Reaction To WWE.com Spoiling Night 1 Draft Picks, WWE's On-The-Fly Changes
* Kevin Owens Films Reaction To His Draft, WWE Refuses To Air It Due To What He Said
* Bray Wyatt's Latest 'Cryptic Post' Explains Why "Some Wear Masks" & Claims "I Saw You"
* WWE Contacting Several Venues About Being NEW Weekly Home For NXT On USA TV Shoots
* PHOTOS: Bayley Shows Off NEW LOOK At WWE SmackDown On FOX
* Vince McMahon Gets Good Laugh Out Of Negative Reaction To WWE HIAC PPV Conclusion
* Report: Cain Velasquez, Tyson Fury Sign VERY Different Contracts With WWE
* Report: Paul Heyman Pushing For 2 Specific Stars In WWE Draft
* WWE Signs 'Good Day NY' Anchor To Host Revamped WWE Series (Photos)
eWrestling.com Social Media Interaction* Follow eWrestling head writer Matt Boone on Twitter @MattBoone1984
* Follow the official eWrestling account on Twitter @eWrestlingCOM
* Follow the official eWrestling Facebook page at Facebook.com/eWrestlingCOM
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official eWrestling Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/http-ewrestling-com
It looks like the mayhem & chaos created by the 2019 #WWEDraft specials were COMPLETELY a result of #WWE's new #SmackdownOnFox deal w/ #FOX.
DETAILED backstage update breaking things down HERE: https://t.co/aHS9CfOWwN@WWEonFOX #WWEonFOX #WWExFOX @FOXTV @FOXSports pic.twitter.com/lmB3v8XUJb
— Matt Boone (@MattBoone1984) October 16, 2019