UPDATE: Check out the official new WWE Friday Night SmackDown on FOX logo and check out a commercial for the premiere of SmackDown on FOX on October 4th with the special SmackDown 20th Anniversary reunion special right here at eWrestling by clicking here.
WWE sent us the following press release, announcing that Smackdown promotion will begin tonight on FOX. The commercial is the same one on a previous headline but here's the official message from WWE:
"WE'RE ALL SUPERSTARS": NEW CAMPAIGN LAUNCHES WWE’S FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN ON FOX
Celebrities and Fans Go to Extremes Emulating Superstars Past and Present as SmackDown Live Becomes FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN on FOX
Los Angeles – WWE’s FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN debuts on FOX Friday, October 4, and FOX Sports is setting the stage with the “We’re All Superstars” campaign launch. The first spot “Superstars” premieres tonight, Friday, August 30, during FOX Sports’ new college football pregame show, BIG NOON KICKOFF, at 6:30 PM ET on FS1.
In the spot, a wide range of everyday and celebrity WWE fans embrace their inner “Superstar” – a grocery store clerk, a spelling bee winner, kids at the swimming pool and more. These fanatics imitate their favorite WWE Superstars’ signature moves, celebrating the WWE’s outsized influence on pop culture.
WWE Superstars “Stone Cold®” Steve Austin, John Cena®, Kofi Kingston, Becky Lynch, Ric Flair, Charlotte Flair, The Undertaker™ and The Rock® together with celebrities including Snoop Dogg, Gordon Ramsay and athletes from across the sports world are featured in the campaign.
In addition, beginning with its 20th anniversary celebration on Friday, October 4, SmackDown Live will become FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN and air on the FOX broadcast network 52 weeks a year.
The campaign will consist of four total spots, with three fan-focused videos debuting in the coming weeks. The “We’re All Superstars” campaign was created by Wieden+Kennedy New York and FOX Sports.
OTHER RECENT WWE & AEW HEADLINES* UPDATE: MORE On WWE Denying Enzo Amore Reports, NXT Update
* CM Punk Cuts EPIC PIPE BOMB Promo Shooting On WWE Topics (Video)
* Before & After Pics: Cesaro Gets New Teeth After They're Knocked Out
* Rey Mysterio Shows Off Tattoo Tribute To Eddie Guerrero (Video & Photos)
* Awesome Photos Of CM Punk's New Horror Movie w/ 100% Approval Rating
* Vince McMahon FREAKS Out Over 8/27 SD! Live Script (Full Story)
* "The Fiend" Could Have "The Whole Universe In His Hands" Soon (Spoiler)
* Seth Rollins & Becky Lynch Have First Public Argument As Couple (Video)
* Which WWE Women's Legend Called Sasha Banks A "Selfish B*tch"?
* Former WWE Superstar HOSPITALIZED On 8/26, Posts Update (Photo)
* Daniel Bryan & Kofi Pay Tribute To CM PUNK At 8/26 WWE Event (Video)
* *SPOILER* WWE King Of The Ring 2019 FINALISTS Revealed?
* Peyton Royce & Shawn Spears Star Get Married In Beach Wedding (Photos)
* Edge Posts Photo Of His Body: In Way Better Shape Than His WWE Prime!
* Becky Lynch Shows Off Engagement Ring Rollins Proposed With (Photos)
* Backstage News On Vince McMahon Considering AEW vs. NXT A "War"
* Becky Lynch Takes Exception To Taylor Swift's New Single "The Man"
* Brie Bella Finds Stolen Car: Asks What She Should Do (Video)
* Report: Ronda Rousey On WWE's Debut FOX Show? (Updated)
* The Rock EASILY Tops Forbes 2019 "Top 10 Highest Paid Actors" List
* Braun Strowman Reveals WILD Battle Royal Idea He Pitched To WWE
* UPDATE: Who Will Run NXT Brand When USA Network Deal Begins?
* Photos: Seth Rollins & Becky Lynch Get Engaged, WWE Stars React (Updated)
* EPIC VIDEO: Football Stars Re-Enact WWE Entrances In Locker Room
eWrestling.com Social Media Interaction* Follow eWrestling head writer Matt Boone on Twitter @MattBoone1984
* Follow the official eWrestling account on Twitter @eWrestlingCOM
* Follow the official eWrestling Facebook page at Facebook.com/eWrestlingCOM
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official eWrestling Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/http-ewrestling-com