WWE is vehemently denying the rumors that a financial dispute between Vince McMahon and the Saudi Crown Prince caused the chaotic travel issues for the WWE roster coming back from Saudi Arabia following the WWE Crown Jewel pay-per-view in Riyadh last Thursday.
According to Forbes, WWE has swiftly denied the allegations that a payment dispute with Vince McMahon and the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia was the cause of their flight back to North America being delayed.
According to the story, WWE confirmed its "strong relationship with its partners in Saudi Arabia" and said that the "feed issues were entirely unrelated to any issues with payment.
They reinforced that mechanical issues were a cause of the flight delay and Atlas Air, the charter company, issued an apology in that regard as well."
The @WrestleVotes Twitter account, which has broken multiple WWE stories over the years, had this to add about the atmosphere at night's WWE Raw, suggesting that the incidents from last week are still dominating the chatter backstage and will remain so for quite a long time:
"The vibe backstage at RAW in Long Island right now is that of weariness, with a majority of the Superstars still speaking about the events of the weekend, a source said. This is likely a topic that will be discussed behind the scenes for a very long time to come."
As noted, things were so bad that Vince McMahon held a meeting with the entire WWE roster prior to WWE Raw backstage at Nassau Coliseum in Uniondale, New York on Monday night. For the full story on that, click here.
Other WWE & AEW News* Sasha Banks Debuts Wild New Hairstyle In NYC (Photos)
* Pat McAfee Details Borrowing Colts Owner Jim Irsay's Plane To Fill-In On SmackDown
* Nate Diaz After UFC 244 BMF Fight: "F*ck The Rock, He Can Get It Too" (Video)
* Backstage News On New Idea WWE Will Be Doing Every Week On RAW
* Ricochet Teases Changing Up His Look In WWE
* Sting To Make WWE Return At Survivor Series This Month?
* Hulk Hogan On ABC's "The Goldbergs" On Wed., 11/9 (Photos)
* Kyle O'Reilly On Diabetes Month: "Having This Device Makes Me Like A Cyborg" (Photos)
* Chris Jericho Makes NJPW Return (Video), Set For Big Wrestle Kingdom 14 Match
* Renee Young On Being On RAW Announce Team: "I Never Felt Comfortable Doing That Job"
* NEW WWE Universal Title Belt To Debut On SmackDown THIS Friday (PHOTO)
* Stephanie McMahon Explains No All-Women's WWE Evolution PPV This Year
* Could A Boxing vs. WWE Match Between Tyson Fury & Brock Lesnar Be In The Works?
* Billie Kay Resurfaces After Twitter Hiatus: "Been Having Some Tough Nights ..."
eWrestling.com Social Media Interaction* Follow eWrestling head writer Matt Boone on Twitter @MattBoone1984
* Follow the official eWrestling account on Twitter @eWrestlingCOM
* Follow the official eWrestling Facebook page at Facebook.com/eWrestlingCOM
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official eWrestling Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/http-ewrestling-com
REPORT: #WWE vehemently denies rumors regarding financial dispute between #VinceMcMahon & #SaudiArabia Crown Prince resulting in CRAZY travel issues for talent traveling back to U.S., **LOTS OF TALK** backstage at #WWERaw last night ...
LINK: https://t.co/3FSInMbwXf pic.twitter.com/vgioR8PZjp
— Matt Boone (@MattBoone1984) November 5, 2019